Do you have a passion for local everything? Do you thrive when interacting with people and making sure that everyone has what they need to have an awesome experience? Do you love local food? Want to become part of the inside workings of the best Farmers’ Market on Vancouver Island? Then we really want to hear from you! Send us your resume and tell us why you are awesome!
OPEN: MARKET MANAGER
CLOSES: December 15th 2023
The Market Manager oversees the Saturday Market, ensuring its smooth and safe operation. The Market Manager is responsible for supervising the casual Market staff and for various administrative and financial tasks.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours on Market Days (Saturday): Spring/Summer 7:00am-3:00pm; Fall/Winter 8:00am-3:00pm. (Hours vary due to the seasonal nature of the Market.). Friday evenings for market signage.
Additional Hours: Additional weekly hours worked on-site and from a home office.
Total weekly hours: 15-20
Rate of Pay: $22/hour
Duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
Supervise casual Market staff on Market Days to ensure that operations are conducted professionally. Conduct business politely and courteously with vendors, the public, staff, and board members.
The Manager’s Market Day tasks include:
- Market set-up
- Market tear down
- Site maintenance, if required (ie. snow removal, incidents on site)
- Enforce Market rules and regulations
- Collection and reconciliation of vendor fees, deposit money
- Market promotions including redemption of Market Bucks, and assisting in other promotional activities on-site on Saturdays
- Providing customer service to market visitors and customers
- Selling and redemption of Gift Certificates
- Management of musicians on-site
- On-site coordination of BCAFM Nutrition Coupon Program
Prepare weekly stall allocations utilizing computer software (currently Marketwurks).
Create and email out Mailchimp newsletters every Thursday
Respond to Market phone calls and emails.
The successful candidate will meet the follow criteria:
- Available Saturdays
- Ability to effectively manage others
- Able to lift 50+ pounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience handling money
- Excellent computer skills including website management, Quickbooks, and event management software
- Successfully completed management training, or has relevant management experience
- Social media/online marketing experience
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- First Aid Certification
Applications will be accepted until December 15th . Please email your cover letter and your CV/résumé as PDFs to email@example.com PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
The Duncan Farmers’ Market is committed to equity, accessibility, diversity and inclusion as an employer. Should you require any accessibility accommodation in your application for this position, please contact Janice Roberts, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.