Do you have a passion for local everything? Do you thrive when interacting with people and making sure that everyone has what they need to have an awesome experience? Do you love local food? Want to become part of the inside workings of the best Farmers’ Market on Vancouver Island? Then we really want to hear from you! Send us your resume and tell us why you are awesome!
OPEN: Community + Social Services Worker
CLOSES JUNE 10th 2023
The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible. Learn more.
The Community + Social Services position works with the Executive Director and other Market Staff to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the Duncan Farmers’ Market.
Seasonal Employment: June 21st – August 16th 2023
Hours: Spring/Summer 7:00am – 3:00pm
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain professionalism and conduct business in a polite and courteous manner with vendors, public, staff and board members.
2. Market Setup/takedown (barricades, power boxes, bollards, tables, chairs, tents & signage)
4. Clean up Market space
5. Offer Market Vendors help with setup and relief when appropriate
6. Enforce Market rules & guidelines
7. Interact with the public and vendors in a friendly, respectful and enthusiastic manner, giving information and directions as needed
8. Assist with daily collection of fees and reporting
9. Monitor and direct traffic at beginning and end of the day
10. Deal with complaints effectively and respectfully
11. Assist with other Duncan Farmers’ Market activities and programs as directed by the Executive Director (i.e. BCAFM Coupon Program, Special Events)
12. Follow market communication and safety protocols
13. Other duties as assigned
Must be available on Saturdays
Ability to lift ~40lbs
Excellent customer service skills
Experience handing money
Send resume to email@example.com , no phone calls please.