Do you have a passion for local everything? Do you thrive when interacting with people and making sure that everyone has what they need to have an awesome experience? Do you love local food? Want to become part of the inside workings of the best Farmers’ Market on Vancouver Island? Then we really want to hear from you! Drop us a line at email@example.com and tell us why you are awesome!
We are currently looking for a few folks to join our Crew on a casual basis. The Market Crew works with the Market Manager to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the Duncan Farmers’ Market on Saturdays.
Reports to: Market Manager.
Hours: Spring/Summer: Hours between 7:00am-3:00pm Fall/Winter: 8:00am-3:00pm (hours vary due to the seasonal nature of the Market.)
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain professionalism and conduct business in a polite and courteous manner with vendors, public, staff, and board members.
- Market set-up/takedown: barricades, bollards, tables, rugs, power, chairs, Info tent and signage.
- Clean up Market Space.
- Offer vendors help with setup and relief when appropriate.
- Interact with the public and Vendors in a friendly, respectful, and enthusiastic manner, giving information and directions as needed.
- Assist with daily collection of fees and reporting.
- Monitor and direct traffic at beginning and end of day.
- Remove garbage if necessary.
- Deal with complaints effectively and respectfully.
- Assist with other Duncan Farmers’ Market activities and programs (ie. Coupon Program, Market Bucks, Gift Certificates, Special Events).
- Follow Market communication and safety protocols.
- Available on Saturdays
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience handling money
- 16 years of age or older