Do you have a passion for local everything? Do you thrive when interacting with people and making sure that everyone has what they need to have an awesome experience? Do you love local food? Want to become part of the inside workings of the best Farmers’ Market on Vancouver Island? Then we really want to hear from you! Send us your resume and tell us why you are awesome!
OPEN: CASUAL MARKET OPERATIONS
CLOSES: February 9th 2024
The Market operations works with the Market Manager and other Market Staff to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the Duncan Farmers’ Market. The Market operations reports to the Market Manager.
Hours: Summer 7:00am – 3:00pm; Fall/Winter 8:00am – 3:00pm
(Hours vary due to the seasonal nature of the market.)
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain professionalism and conduct business in a polite and courteous manner with vendors, public, staff and board members.
- Market Setup/takedown (barricades, power boxes, bollards, tables, chairs, tents & signage)
- Clean up Market space
- Offer Market Vendors help with setup and relief when appropriate
- Enforce Market rules & guidelines
- Interact with the public and vendors in a friendly, respectful and enthusiastic manner, giving information and directions as needed
- Assist with daily collection of fees and reporting
- Monitor and direct traffic at beginning and end of the day
- Deal with complaints effectively and respectfully
- Assist with other Duncan Farmers’ Market activities and programs as directed by the Executive Director (i.e. BCAFM Coupon Program, Special Events)
- Follow market communication and safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
Must be available on Saturdays
Ability to lift ~40lbs
Excellent customer service skills
Experience handling money
Clear Criminal Record Check
First Aid Certification
Rate of Pay: $18/hour
Applications will be accepted until February 9th . Please email your CV/résumé as PDFs to email@example.com PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
The Duncan Farmers’ Market is committed to equity, accessibility, diversity and inclusion as an employer. Should you require any accessibility accommodation in your application for this position, please contact Janice Roberts, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.